¦ΔΡ.A.T.T.E.¦ (Action for the Development of Tourism and Tourist Education) is a non-profit Association situated in Athens. ¶Executives of tourism enterprises and professors of third degree tourist education created it with a view to: ¶
- ensure the permanent contact of education with the job market ¶
- support with scientific information and modern know-how the tourist enterprises ¶
- assemble and give intensity in the voice of specialists in tourism ¶
- support the planning of realistic tourist policy ¶
- propose and apply solutions in the problems of the sector.
ΔΡ.Α.Τ.Τ.Ε. IS SUPPORTED BY THE IMI HOSPITALITY UNIVERSITY CENTRE
The ¦DR.A.T.T.E.¦ develops a variety of activities for the achievement of its aims. ¶More analytically: ¶
- Functions office of interconnection of employers and employees of tourism ¶
- Mainains library of tourist books, magazines, research and studies in the establishment of the Association ¶
- It materialises programs of education of its members on issues of software for tourist enterprises and on career issues ¦
- It allocates specialised advisers on postgraduate tourist studies issues ¶
- It covers the education at work for occupied in the ¦hotel enterprises, with covering of expenses from the program ¦LAEK¦. ¶
- It organises and materialises, missions of advisory teams in ¦hotel enterprises.
- It undertakes the implementation of researches and studies in regard to the development of tourist enterprises or tourist regions. ¶
- It supports the tourist enterprises on issues of modern technology.¶
- It functions scientific teams that examine the conditions concerning the tourism education and construct proposals to the responsible institutions.
- Publishes the refereed scientific "Journal of Tourism Research" ¶
Within the scope of the union are established two institutes:
- The Tourism Studies and Research (T.S.R.I.), which is created to serve the scientific purposes of the union.
- The Quality Evaluation Institute oriented to the market